Benefits of Membership in FIRST:
- Learn from professional engineers
- Build and compete with a robot of their own design
- Learn and use sophisticated software and hardware
- Compete and cooperate in alliances and tournaments
- Earn a place in the World Championship
- Qualify for over $12 million in college scholarships
courtesy of FIRST
Benefits of Membership on the Broncobots
- Chance to work and collaborate with excellent members
- Make friends
- Learn new skills
- Get involved at Lee' s Summit North
- Mentor younger kids at annual Summer Camps
"There is so much to do on the team even if you don't wan to build, there are many things to do on the PR/ buisness side." -Emma G.
"It's been fun, you learn a lot. Programming is fun, and you make friends with people at the programming table, and other people that aren't at the programming table." - Jake L.
"The Broncobots, they have given me an outlet to let me express my inner STEM ideas, thoughts, and creativity. This team has given me friends I never had, and life experencies I'll never forget." - Kameron R.
Interested in becoming a member of the Broncobots? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Becoming a Member".
The team holds a recruiting meeting each fall with information about FIRST and the Broncobots' Program for potential members.
Who Can Mentor:
- Can be a person of any age, teaching others what they know
- Brings either technical or non-technical expertise to the team
- Provides the opportunity for students to learn directly through experiences
- Begins as a teacher, evolves into a colleague
- Knows that Mentoring and Coaching is about inspiring and guiding
- Provides students the environment to succeed
- Is patient, supportive, enthusiastic, compassionate and available
- Remembers what's important – "it's about the kids and they come first"
courtesy of FIRST
Interested in becoming a mentor of the Broncobots? Email email@example.com with subject line "Becoming a Mentor".